Do we need to complete the booking form?
The booking form needs to be completed and returned 21 days prior to arrival. You need to ensure you include arrival and departure details to allow us to coordinate the Guest Liaison staff to greet you, or if travelling to Airlie Beach arrange key pick up. You need to include credit card details to act as the bond/security for the property and complimentary buggy (Golf Buggy applies only to Hamilton Island). We require at least one drivers licence to be completed.
What are the peak and off-peak seasons?
Peak-Season applies to the following periods;
- Christmas/New Year
- August Hamilton Island Race Week (3rd week in August)
Mid-Season applies to average school holiday period in NSW and Queensland.
Low-Season applies to all other dates.
What type of deposit is due and when is final payment required?
30% deposit is due at the time of booking; the final balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
What is the cancellation policy?
Please refer to full Booking Terms & Conditions for further details.
Do I need travel insurance?
YES! We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance at the time of booking.
Can I book online?
YES! You can search availability online across all properties for specific dates by searching on the home page, or through the Airlie Beach and Hamilton Island accommodation pages. You can also search for available tours by visiting the Explore page. Please note that some of our properties receive external bookings so an immediate booking may not be accepted until a request is put in and dates are confirmed.
- All our properties come with linen and bath towels (1 per person)
- Hamilton island properties also have beach towels (1 per person)
- We provide you with a small complimentary starter pack including tea, coffee, toilet paper, soap, dishwashing liquid, dishcloth, etc. These items will not be replaced during your stay.
- There is no daily housekeeping or room service as you have booked a privately owned property. All of the properties have a washing machine so you can wash linen and towels if you wish during your stay.
The bedding configuration for each property can be found on the property page (under each listing) on our website.
Please note we cannot add or change beds in the properties.
- If you would like to book airport transfers from Proserpine Whitsunday Coast Airport to your Airlie Beach property please complete the airport transfers section of your booking form.
- By booking through us you will be collected form Proserpine Airport and taken directly to your holiday home/apartment. The driver will have your welcome pack and keys with him. This saves you stopping to collect keys from our office.
- The transfer will be charged to the credit card you supplied to us in your online booking form.
- If you are arriving by car or taxi you will need to collect the keys from our office (Accom Whitsunday - Shop 2/400 Shute Harbour Rd, Airlie Beach).
- For after hours arrivals please collect keys from our after hours lockbox on the wall at the front of our office
High Chairs/Porta Cots:
Please check if the property has a cot or high chair by visiting the property page on the website. In the description is a small inventory of the property. If the property does not have a cot or high chair this will be stated here and you need to hire one, we suggest Melanie on 0438 317 667.
- Once you have completed your online booking form your airport transfers/valet service will be booked for you. When you arrive on Hamilton Island please collect your baggage and wait in arrivals. Your valet will be booked for the time that you enter on your form, if your flight lands early please be patient and the valet will be there shortly. If you have waited more than 20 minutes after your booked arrival time please call us.
- If you have multiple arrival times within your group please enter the arrival time for the guests who wish to use the valet service. There is only one valet service per booking; additional services are not available due to limited availability. The first group to arrive can then have use of the buggy (subject to availability on the day) and can use this buggy to collect the second group, third group, etc.
- Early check in and late checkout is subject to availability and we cannot guarantee either. The valet will let you know if you can check-in early on arrival. The valet service will contact you in the evening before you depart to confirm your pick up time for your return airport transfers.
- The same applies for arrival/departure via ferry.
Where do I collect the keys for my Hamilton Island apartment and buggy from?
We arrange a Guest Liaison Officer to meet you on arrival, please look for them holding a sign with your surname. They will valet you to the property and provide keys to the property and buggy, as well as provide some helpful information regarding the island. The buggy induction and buggy condition report will take place during your arrival valet service.
What happens if we are arriving at multiple times, is there more than one arrival or departure valet?
Only one valet service is included in your rate. If the group has more than one arrival time, please specify the first to arrive on the Booking Form and we will arrange to pick up the first arrivals, for the guests following you can use the property buggy to pick them up, the airport and ferry are only a 5 minute drive from most properties. On departure, the valet staff will coordinate the best departure option for your group.
What happens on the day of departure, how will I know what time the valet service will collect me from the apartment?
The valet service will provide you with an estimated time of departure during the arrival valet and a confirmation call is placed the day for departure to confirm your departure time.
What cleaning is required prior to departure?
You do not need to clean in full. We do ask you to; clean the BBQ, remove rubbish, wash, dry and put away your dishes. An excess cleaning fee of $75 applies if this is not done.
Do I need to charge buggy at the end of my stay?
Yes, please ensure the buggy is on charge overnight the night prior to departure and the buggy has all personal items and rubbish removed.
Can anybody drive the buggy?
A driver’s license is required to drive the buggy. Hamilton Island is governed by Queensland Roads.
What happens is my buggy breaks down?
Although we endeavour to provide the buggy in good working order during your stay, as it is privately owned and a free inclusion, we are unable to offer a replacement if break down occurs. Additional buggies can be hired through Hamilton Island Buggy Hire at approximately $95.00 per day, with an optional extra insurance waiver $10 per day.
What food and alcohol is available on island?
There is a general store and bottle shop on the island, though many past guests have chosen to arrange the pre-ordered food and alcohol to be delivered to the island on the day of arrival.
- We recommend you order your groceries from Whitsunday Provisioning. They deliver to Hamilton Island 7 days a week. You will need to collect the delivery from the Marina on Hamilton Island, unfortunately we cannot arrange for the delivery to be collected and taken to the property on your behalf.
- Onos Bottle Shop has the largest wine range in Airlie Beach and the largest Rum range in the Whitsundays.
Can we use the resort pools and facilities?
All resort facilities such as resort pools, restaurants and bars are available for your use. The non motorised water sports are also available but not included in your rate.
Can I arrange tours while on island?
Yes, the island has tour desk that can assist with all of your enquiries and reservations.
Is there telephone & internet coverage?
Yes, Hamilton Island has phone coverage and if wifi is not included in your accommodation it can be organised through the resort centre.
Who do I contact if I have any urgent issues during my stay on Hamilton Island?
Please call 1800 466 600.
What type of amenities will be included?
Rate includes complimentary buggy. All properties are self-contained with kitchen and laundry facilities. Most properties are equipped with a BBQ, though where they are not there is a complex BBQ you can utilise. Pools are in most complexes. Further information relating to the individual properties can be found on the property page on our website.
High Chairs/Porta Cots
You can request one cot and one highchair, we can’t provide a second cot or highchair as each property only owns one of each.
When can I call to discuss the best option to suit my requirements?
Office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5:00 pm.
AIRLIE BEACH OFFICE
Free call on 1800 466 600, or email email@example.com