There are a lot of great things you can do in Airlie Beach that don't cost anything!
Walk down the main street, window shop, people watch.
- We can't promise that you won't be tempted to buy something, but walking is free.
Swim at the lagoon.
- The lagoon is a buzzing hub where backpackers and families make the most of the sunshine. With the beaches at risk of stingers during the warmer month, the lagoon is the perfect place to relax on your holiday.
Do one of the many bushwalks in our immediate surroundings.
- Airlie Beach is blessed to be surrounded by National Park on all sides and there are walks of size and to suit all fitness levels.
- See the full list here.
Watch the sunset from the beach.
- Find a beach, climb a hill, sit in the park and watch the sun go down. If you are lucky and the conditions are right you will witness a spectacular colour show that happens quite often.
Walk the boardwalk from Airlie Beach to Cannonvale Beach (or the other way around).
- The boardwalk follows the coastline from Airlie Beach lagoon around to Cannonvale Beach, at times extending out over the walk on wooden boardwalk. It's a truly beautiful walk and time well-spent.
Browse at the Saturday Markets.
- Again, we can't guarantee that your visit will be free if you like what you see but there is lots of fun things and local crafts and produce to sample and look at at the Lions Airlie Beach Community Markets. The markets are on every Saturday from 7am - 1pm.
Visit Cedar Creek waterfall.
- If you have a car then this won't cost you more than a bit of fuel, a 20 minute drive from Airlie Beach, Cedar Creek is a peaceful little watering hole, watch for turtles! The water really gets running after some rain.
Feel like being energetic during your getaway? Then take a look at all the bushwalking you can do around here.